Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pandemonium

Pandemonium
Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)

Summary (from the publisher):
I’m pushing aside
the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana
and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite


Review:  I am a little tired of young adult dystopian/fantasy trilogies that contain love triangles, especially when the characters seem to fall in love instantly with little reason behind it.  BUT, I still liked this book.  In fact, I liked it a lot better than Delirium, the first book in this trilogy.  Pandemonium had more action, more conflict, more bravery, more real emotion, and a lot more love than the first book.  It was a quick absorbing read, with an ending that most people describe as a dramatic cliffhanger - but I completely saw it coming!

Rating:  4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment