Thursday, September 19, 2013

Insurgent

Insurgent
by Veronica Roth

Genre: Young adult fiction/Dystopian Fiction

Synopsis:  Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
From GoodReads

Review: Just finished this book for the second time.  I still really liked it but I don't like this book as much as the first one.  There was too much romance and relationship squabbles in this book for my taste.  I wanted to see the action and the conflict between factions.  I felt like Tris was portrayed as much more young in this book than in Divergent.  She seemed more like a 16 year old (which she is) so perhaps it's a flaw of the first book not this one.  I think the author does a great job of developing a major conflict, resolving it in a fairly satisfactorily and then creating a a suspenseful ending that makes you want to read the third book.  Luckily it's not too long before the third book comes out and I'm already on the waiting list for that one!

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment