Sunday, August 9, 2015

Hugo & Rose

Hugo & Rose
by Bridget Foley

Genre: Fiction

Synopsis: Rose is disappointed with her life, though she has no reason to be-she has a beautiful family and a perfectly nice house in the suburbs.  But to Rose this ordinary life feels overshadowed by her other life-the one she leads every night in her dreams.

Ever since Rose had an accident as a child, her dreams have taken her to a wondrous island fraught with adventure.  On this island, she has never been alone: she shares it with Hugo, a brave boy who's grown up into a hero of a man.

But when Rose stumbles across Hugo in her waking life, her real world and dream world are changed forever.  Here is the man who has shared all of her incredible adventures in impossible places, who grew up with her-even if each isn't what the other imagined.  Their chance encounter begins a cascade of questions, lies, and a dangerous obsession that threatens to topple everything she knows.  Is she willing to let go of everything she holds dear to understand their extraordinary connection?  And will it lead her to discover who she truly wants to be.
from the book jacket

Review:  I picked this book up randomly from the new fiction section at my library.  The cover caught my eye and the description sounded interesting.  I had such a hard time getting into this book.  I would read a page and be utterly bored.  I disliked Rose because she just seemed so depressed about her normal life.  The fantasy aspect of Rose's dream/fantasy world about Hugo just didn't interest me in the least.  I normally don't like fantasy so perhaps this book just isn't for me.  I finally had to give up on it because it was making me not want to read.

Rating: Abandoned

No comments:

Post a Comment