Thursday, December 29, 2016

Best Books of 2016



Here are my top 10 books that I read in 2016 but not necessarily published in 2016.  They are in no particular order.

Small Great Things  by Jodi Picoult

This book opened up my eyes to so much of the every day racism in the US that most people don't even realize is happening.  You can read my review here.


The Book of the Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez


I read this book for a book club and loved how it presented the fictional lives of people who immigrated to the US and how difficult it was to survive here.  You can read my review here.

Come Away with Me by Karma Brown


This book was heartbreaking but you have to get to the end to really love the book.  You can read my review here.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah


This was a historical fiction book set in Word War II but told about what happened in France during that time.  This book moved me to tears with its tragic story.  You can read my review here.

Finding Jake by Bryan Reardon


This story was so difficult to read because it was about a school shooting but it was so emotional and addicting.  You can read my review here.

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

This book makes you think about what could have been and shows Alice's struggle to fix wrongs in the past.  You can read my review here.

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid

This book was full of romance but also of grief.  It is a fast paced, quick read.  You can read my review here.

Escape by Carolyn Jessop and Laura Palmer


I really like memoirs and this ones was about a woman who had escaped from the FLDS hold.  You can read my review here.

Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper


This book is a juvenile fiction book but very thought provoking.  You get a look inside the mind of girl who is unable to communicate and then see how her world changes when she finally has the chance to "talk."  You can read my review here.

Defending Jacob by William Landay


This was a great courtroom drama book that will have you hooked. You can read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment