Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stolen

Stolen
by Lucy Christopher

Genre: Young Adult Fiction

Synopsis:  You saw me before I saw you.
A girl: Gemma, at the airport, on her way to a family vacation.
You had that look in your eyes.
A guy: Ty, rugged, tan, too old, oddly familiar, eyes blue as ice.
Like you wanted me.
She steps away.  For just a second.  He pays for her drink.  And drugs it.
Wanted me for a long time.

He takes her, before she even knows what's happening.  
To sand and heat.  
To emptiness and isolation.  
To nowhere.  
And expects her to love him.

Written as a letter from a victim to her captor, this is Gemma's desperate story of survival.  Ty has stolen her body.  Against every instinct screaming inside her, will he also steal Gemma's heart?
from the back of the book

Review:  I had a hard time with this book because I didn't buy Ty's motivation for kidnapping Gemma.  I thought Ty was too nice of a guy to be a kidnapper; I liked Ty as a character.  I also was rooting for a relationship between Gemma and Ty even though Ty kidnapped Gemma.  I think the author wanted us to believe that they were going to fall in love (I'm not saying that they did, I'm saying what the reader wants to happen).  I should not be rooting for a romance between an abductor and a victim. That is just wrong!  I do love the description of the scenery and the landscape.  It makes me want to explore the desert of Australia.

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment