Friday, December 26, 2014

Best Books of 2014


Here is a list of my top reads in 2014.  I had a hard time picking these books because I didn't feel that I had read as memorable books as I did last year and a lot of the good books I read were juvenile fiction or young adult fiction. I did not include any books that were second or third in a series but I would like to mention Prodigy and Champion by Marie Lu as well as Blood of My Blood by Barry Lyga.  I rated those books very highly but they are not the first book in the series. These books are in no particular order.

Wonder by R.J. Palacio
I appreciated Auggie's attitude in this book and how Auggie affected other people in his life.  You can read my review here.

Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
I love memoirs and this one was well written about a child who had gone through the system in Florida.   I was amazed by her ability to come out of the situation and accomplish so much.  You can read my review here.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I love a good dystopian trilogy and this series started out so strongly!  You can read my full review here.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
The story was such an interesting concept and would create a lot of discussion.   You can read my full review here.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This book has stayed with me since reading it and I can't stop thinking about the story.  You can read my review here.

The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman
This was an unexpected fantastically good book.  It is on the lighter side but it isn't too light.  You can read my review here.

Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
I loved the historical aspect of this story and how it is about a social worker in the 1960s.  You can read my review here.

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
This is a juvenile fiction book but yet I emotionally connected with this story.  You can read my review here.

Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Byea
This was a very heartwarming, emotional juvenile fiction book.  You can read my review here.

A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah

This was a heartbreaking, eyeopening memoir of a boy soldier in Sierra Leona.  You can read my review here.

My goal for 2015 is to read my adult books that are good since half my list are not adult fiction books!

No comments:

Post a Comment