Friday, December 18, 2015

We Were Liars

We Were Liars
by E. Lockhart

Genre:Young Adult Fiction

Synopsis: A beautiful and distinguished family. A private island.  A brilliant, damaged girl: a passionate, political boy.  A group of four friends-the Liars-whose friendship turns destructive.  A revolution.  An accident.  A secret.  Lies upon lies.  True love.  The truth.
from the book jacket

Review:  This book was meh.  I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it.  The author's writing style was a little too poetic and floral for me.  There didn't seem to be too much of a plot but yet the book is 225 pages long.  At first I was intrigued by what happened that caused Cadence's accident but then after jumping back and forth in time and hinting about something, I got bored.  I needed more of a story.

Rating: 2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment