Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Legacies: The Lost Files #1-3

I Am Number Four: The Legacies: The Lost Files #1-3
(Six's Legacy, Nine's Legacy, The Fallen Legacies)
by Pittacus Lore

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Fantasy, Short Stories

Synopsis:  You know we're out there, living among you.

You know we're waiting for our day to come.

You have seen the power of our legacies.

You know this is why they hunt us.

You may think you know our stories.

You are wrong.

We each have our own story.

We know the time has come to share them with you.
from the back of the book

Review:  I was looking for another good dystopian fiction series to read aloud in the car as we were driving that both my husband and I would like as young adult dystopian fiction is a genre where our interests overlap.  I didn't realize when I picked this one up that it was not the first book in the series but yet 3 small novellas in one larger book.  There were times that we weren't sure of exactly what was meant by something and now that we've starting reading the first book (I Am Number Four) it would have made more sense because things are explained well in the first book.  As we started reading the first novella we realized it sound a bit like Endgame: The Calling.  Little did we know that Pittacus Lore is a group of authors that wrote these books and one of them is James Frey who also wrote Endgame.  There are definite similarities between the books.  Parts of this book took itself a little too seriously and we just had to roll our eyes.  The second novella was a little more teenage-romancy which made the book much more young adult.  Overall the novellas were entertaining and it made me want to read the first book in the series to see what is going to happen (we've already started it).  I have a feeling I'm in for the long haul because there are 7 books so far and lots of lost files or novellas and it is hard for me to stop before I know the conclusion of the storyline.

Rating: 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment