Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Tenth Circle

The Tenth Circle
by Jodi Picoult

Genre: Fiction

Synopsis:  Fourteen-year-old Trixie Stone is in love for the first time.  She's also the light of her father, Daniel's life--a straight-A student; a pretty, popular freshman in high school; a girl who's always seen her father as a hero.  That is, until her world is turned upside down with a single act of violence.  Suddenly everything Trixie has believed about her family--and herself--seems to be a lie.  Could the boyfriend who once made Trixie wild with happiness have been the one ot end her childhood forever?  She says that he is, and that is all it takes to make Daniel, a seemingly mild-mannered comic book artist with a secret tumultuous past he has hidden even from his family, venture to hell and back to protect his daughter.
from GoodReads

Review:  There are some of Jodi Picoult's books that I love and am captivated by because of the depth of characters.  The storylines are generally so rich and the suspense captures me and makes me continue reading into the wee hours of the night.  The stories generally pull at my heartsrings.  But then there are others of Picolt's books that try to make connections between things that have no apparent relationship and sometimes become muddled.  This was one of the second kind of books.  Trixie's mother is a professor and expert on Dante's Inferno, Daniel lived among Yupik people in Alaska, and then there was Trixie's story which was not what we thought it was.  There were too many additions to the story and Trixie's story did not have the depth that I am used to when reading when I pick up Picoult's books.  There were parts that I found intriguing but parts that I wish I could have glossed over but since I was listening to the book on cd I could do that.

Rating: 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment