Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best Books of 2015


Here are the 10 best books that I read in 2015 in no particular order (they were not all published in 2015 but I read them all this year).  I decided to stick with either young adult fiction or adult fiction and did not include any juvenile fiction even though some of the juvenile fiction books I read were very good!

Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf
I know that I will always like Heather Gudenkauf's books and this one did not disappoint.  This book is emotional and face paced.  You can read my review here.

Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
A great historical fiction novel of a young girl and an African American woman in the 1960s.  You can read my review (and Marcie's) here.

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
This book is dark, painful and emotional but such a good read.  It takes a toll on your emotions but you will be glad you read it.  You can read my review here.

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
A look into slavery by the perspective of an abolitionist who's family had slaves and from a slave.  You can read my review (and Marcie's) here.

Before I Go by Colleen Oakley
This book was a teary read about a woman who has terminal cancer.  Sad but very good.  You can read my review here.

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
This book is about mothers who have school age children.  It's quirky, a little humorous and drama filled.  You can read my review here.

The Lives Between Us by Theresa Rizzo
Theresa Rizzo is a new author for me and I really liked her writing style.  There was some romance, an ethical dilemma and plenty of drama that keeps you reading.  You can read my review here.

Still Alice by Lisa Genova
What a poignant read!  A heartbreaking story about a woman struggling with early onset Alzheimer's.  You can read my review here.

Five Days Left by Julie Lawson Timmer
Tragic books seem to be my thing this year.  This is a book about a young woman struggling with a disease and how it affects her family.  You can read my review here.

Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah
The psychology of this book very much intrigued me.  There was a feral young girl who the main character becomes attached to and is trying to help.  You can read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment