Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Prodigy

Prodigy
by Marie Lu


Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian Fiction

Synopsis: After escaping from the Republic's stronghold of Los Angeles, June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place.  With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the pair joins a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and who offer them passage to the Colonies.  The Patriots have only one request-June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It's the chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.  But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she's haunted by the choice ahead.  What if Anden is a new beginning?  What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood?  What if the Patriots are wrong?
From the book jacket

Review:  Oh my, I highly enjoyed this book and I cannot wait to read the conclusion to this series!  I really enjoyed the first book of the series but I liked this one better.  Now that we know the characters, there can be more action.  The characters and their relationships continue to develop but we don't need to know all their background again like we did in the beginning.  In this book you really get to see what the 2 warring nations are-the Republic and the Colonies.  You know much more about them and how they became to be.  I always like when my questions are answered!  The assassination plot was full of action and was quite a page turner and you really didn't know what was going to happen.  Then when June and Day venture into the Colonies you learn about the other part of the former USA are living and how it is so different from the Republic.   I was surprised by the twist at the end and like I said before this book left me wanting to rush out right now to get the third book.  I can't wait to see how this series finishes.

Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment