Saturday, March 14, 2015

Anna Hibiscus

Anna Hibiscus
Atinuke

Anna Hibiscus

Genre:Children's Chapter Book

Summary (from Goodreads): Anna Hibiscus lives in amazing Africa with her mother, her father, her baby twin brothers, and lots and lots of her family. Join her as she splashes in the sea, prepares for a party, sells oranges, and hopes to see sweet, sweet snow.
 
Amelia's Review:  I really like Anna Hibiscus because Anna is friendly and happy and she's kind of like me because she really likes snow.  I learned that people in Africa eat with their fingers, I thought that was kind of strange but also kind of cool.  The book is funny because Anna has a lot of aunts and uncles and cousins and some of her cousins have funny names like Common Sense.  I think Natalie and Noah should read this book because it has twins in it, they are named Double and Trouble.

Marcie's Review: This was a sweet and funny book about a little girl in Africa who lives with her large and boisterous family.  She has adventures and learns important lessons, but it's not preachy in any way.  I love that it introduces another culture in an interesting and relatable way, without being a cliche or being dated.  This is exactly the kind of book that I would like Amelia to be reading.

Amelia's Rating: 4 stars

Marcie's Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment