Monday, July 6, 2015

Fortunately, the Milk

Fortunately, the Milk
Neil Gaiman

Fortunately, the Milk

Genre:  Chapter Book

Summary (from Goodreads): "I bought the milk," said my father. "I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: T h u m m t h u m m. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road."

"Hullo," I said to myself. That's not something you see every day." And then something odd happened.


Find out just how odd things get in this hilarious story of time travel and breakfast cereal.

 
Review:  (Review by Amelia)  This book was funny because there were aliens who wanted to redecorate the earth by putting plastic flamingos in instead of trees, and they wanted to replace the moon with a big decorative plate.  Parts of it were a little bit scary, like when the aliens were trying to capture him and when the pirates tried to make him walk the plank.  I think the dad made up the whole story, I think he was at the store talking to one of his friends, but the author never tells you if that's true.

(Review by Marcie)  This book is hilarious!  I think that Brian should get it from the library and read it to Natalie and Noah, because it seems like the kind of story that he would make up for them.  I told Amelia she had to read at least 30 pages of it before she could put it down and read a book of her choice (American Girl books) and she read the entire thing without stopping.  It's not exactly her kind of book, but it does include ponies, dinosaurs, aliens, time travel, pirates, vampires and volcanos, so I think probably most kids would find something entertaining in it.

Amelia's Rating: 4.5 stars 

Marcie's Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment