Friday, January 3, 2014

Fear: A Gone novel

Fear: A Gone novel
by Michael Grant


Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian Fiction, Fantasy

Synopsis: It's been one year since all the adults disappeared.  Gone.

Despite the hunger and lies, even despite the plague, the kids of Perdido Beach are determined to survive.  Creeping into the tenuous new world they've build, though, is perhaps the worst incarnation yet of the enemy known as the Darkness: fear.

Within the FAYZ, life breaks down while the Darkness takes over, literally-turning the dome-world of the FAYZ entirely black.  In darkness, the worst fears of all emerge, and the cruelest of intentions are carried out.  But even in their darkest moments, the inhabitants of the FAYZ maintain a will to survive and a desire to take care of the others in their ravaged band that endures, no matter what the cost.
From the book jacket

Review:  This book was just as captivating as all the others and was hard to put down.  But I'm getting a little tired of the characters and the darkness.  I want the final battle or whatever is going to happen to happen.  I'm glad I'm onto the last book of the series now.  That book could really skew my perception of the whole series!  I did like the last 2 books better because they did not contain as many scenes with Drake-the cruelest character I've met in a long time but Michael Grant must have decided that this book needed some cruelty so he added Penny as a more major character.  I did NOT like her and I was quite disturbed by her and that made the book a little less enjoyable.  I really don't care to read about unnecessary cruelty and the disturbing mind of someone who can be so cruel.  One of the things I really liked in this book was the chapters written from the perspective of those outside the FAYZ and what happened to 2 of the characters who came out of it.  I am looking forward to being done with this series but yet I can't not read the books so clearly Michael Grant has written these books well!

Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment