Friday, January 10, 2014

The Three Swingin' Pigs

The Three Swingin' Pigs
by Vicky Rubin
Illustrated by Rhode Montijo


Genre: Picture Book, Fractured Fairy Tale

Synopsis: Satch, Mo and Ella are the coolest cats (er, pigs) around.

When Wolfie shows up for Big Pig Gig, ready to eat some meat, the pigs can smell him-coming and they have a plan.  Can these three swingin' pigs win Wolfie over with their vivacious vocals and toe-tapping tunes?

Review:  I thought this book would be really fun because it was about pigs playing music and the three little pigs.  But it really did not live up to my expectations.  I liked how the illustrator brought in other fairly tale characters through the backgrounds in the pictures.  Noah liked pointing out ones he could find.  But the story left me wanting more.  I don't' know why the wolf had to have bad breath-it seemed like the author just needed to add something with juvenile humor to the story.  It didn't seem to add anything to the story.  I also think the author was trying to be funny but I didn't find anything funny nor did my kids.

Rating: 2stars

No comments:

Post a Comment