Friday, January 31, 2014

Unravel Me

Unravel Me
by Tahereh Mafi


Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Dystopian Fiction

Synopsis:  Tick tick tick tick tick it's almost time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point.  It is a place for people like her-people with gifts-and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam.  But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

Haunted by her past and terrified of her future, Juliette knows that in her present, she will have to make some life changing choices.  Choices that may involve choosing between her heart-and Adam's life.
From the book jacket

Review:  I could not wait to finish this book and that is not a good thing.  I got so bored with this book and I just couldn't keep reading it.  I almost abandoned it after about 380 pages but I figured I might as well finished it.  The last book, Shatter Me, ended with me wanting to find out what happens next.  This book did not end that way.  I can't read another book where the figurative language takes over and turns one paragraph into pages of metaphor after metaphor.  I also can't read another book with more cross outs.  The last book started out with a lot of figurative language and cross outs but got better so I had hoped that this book would be better but it was definitely NOT!  The first half or more of this book was just a romance between Juliette and Adam and less about the powers they have and the resistance that they were planning.  There was hardly any action in this book and a lot of pity parties.  I will most definitely not read the third book.

Rating:  1 star

No comments:

Post a Comment